[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel BKE_blender.h blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern blender.c blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern readfile.c undofile.c blender/source/blender/include BDR_editobject.h BIF_editmesh.h BIF_space.h blender/source/blender/src ...

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sat Sep 18 15:02:00 CEST 2004

On 18 Sep 2004, at 10:27 PM, Alexander Ewering wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>
>>  - New global hotkey CTR+Z for undo
>>    Note: 'shaded draw mode' still is SHIFT+Z, the old CTRL+Z was to
>> recalc
>>    the lighting in shaded mode, which already became much more
>> interactive,
>>    like during/after any transform().
>>    Recalc hotkey now is SHIFT+ALT+Z
>>
>>    CTRL+<any modifier>+Z is redo.
>
> Little picky like always:
>
> That's pretty non-standard, and as it seems Blender is trying to move
> towards accepted standards now, ctrl-y should be redo. It's not used
> by anything else in Blender.

Ctrl Y? What uses that?

The standard in OS X is Cmd Shift Z (Cmd is the main modifier key on
macs), I've seen some windows apps follow this convention, some don't
(I can't find a defined standard here). KDE and GNOME define Redo as
Ctrl Shift Z too.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/
OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGUserInput/chapter_2_section_3.html#//apple_ref/doc/
uid/TP30000361/CHDIGFBH

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/input-
keyboard.html#standard-shortcuts

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/keys/
shortcuts.html

I can't find any specific defined standards for Windows shortcuts, but
it does say this:
"Use SHIFT+key combinations for actions that extend or complement the
actions of the key or key combination used without the SHIFT key. For
example, pressing ALT+TAB switches windows in a top-to-bottom order.
Pressing SHIFT+ALT+TAB switches windows in reverse order. However,
avoid using SHIFT+text key combinations, because the effect of the
SHIFT key may differ for some international keyboards."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwue/
html/ch05c.asp