[Bf-committers] CSG object type update

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Fri Sep 17 07:07:15 CEST 2004

Stephen Swaney wrote:

>It may help to think of Object as the virtual base class
>for Mesh and all the other types.
>
>The link between Object and ObData is rather like an implementation
>of the Flyweight Pattern.

I'm aware of that.  However, Blender crashes whenever I try to draw a
Mesh that's a subset of the CSGObject rather then linked to it's own
Object.  Oh, and I know the draw function gets called because I
test-wrote it to draw a line (which worked).

The problem seems to be in a display list function. . .do the display
lists get their mesh data from ob->data?  In that case, it could be that
the presence of a CSG block may be confusing it. . .

joeedh