[Bf-committers] Transform Refactoring

Jeremy Wall zaphar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 08:45:15 CEST 2004

Currently constraints actually edit the object data themselves to
enforce the constraint If I remember correctly. Are you planning to
change to "test" method where the constraint just returns a pass/fail
for a given transform? Or do you plan to  continue with a similar
method to the currrent one for enforcing constraint's?

Personally I would  prefer to see the constraint system return
pass/fail values for a given transform. I think it would make
implementing constraints easier and simpler.  It would also make the
constraint data  types independent from the transform code.

Just for clarification is your generic constraint data type a
container for other constraint specific structs or  is it supposed to
hold the actuall constraint data? I'm assuming its a container similar
to the current implementation.

Jeremy Wall