[Bf-committers] Layer Manager

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sun Sep 5 14:57:56 CEST 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Theodore Schundler wrote:

> So did I miss a colcusion to this thread, or was one never reached? If I

The latter ;)

> remeber, your layer manager lets you color code them, which will also
> color code the mini buttons, and make the name of the layer the tooltip
> for the mini buttons. And then there was the idea of an always render
> layer option for lights. All of those would deffinately be nice
> additions.

No, it doesn't allow you to color-code them. See  the documentation
(http://blender.instinctive.de/layermanager). It just assigns colors
to the buttons depending on selected/empty/non-empty/active state.

The rest is true. The always render option is already implemented,
plus a "Locked" state where objects on a layer get unselectable.

> Have those been implemented, and could Alex perhaps make a patch
> available? I'd rather just a patch than the full instinctive-blender
> tree, since I'm already using my own patched up version of bf-blender.
> And regardless if it gets officially integrated, I'd like this.

I'll try when I have time.

> I think it was hung up on some discussion of using panels. It would seem

I'll reserve 30 minutes for getting them p4n3l1z3d, and if I am successful,
I can provide a patch including the panelization :)