[Bf-committers] colored wire patch

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sat Sep 4 17:09:41 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've created a small patch that allows objects to be colored in wire
mode or when wire extra draw is asked.
This does not affect edit mode colors nor rendering.

a custom color choice was added in object draw panel.

patch :      <http://jlp.nerim.net/dev/colorwirepatch.patch>
example  <http://jlp.nerim.net/dev/coloredwire.jpg>

please comment and consider addition to bf

unlike what I showed on irc, duplivert objects are not colored, which
seems the thing to do.

Now, there is a minor worflow issue to consider. you apply the color on
the selected object, which means
it is pink instead of the color choosen. As there is a rather big color
button in panel, that may be ok.
I thought about using outline coloring, but I'm not sure it will work

Expanding from that, a per layer defaut color could be also a worthy
addition (very often used in CAD)

--
Jean-luc