[Bf-committers] RE: Bf-committers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 4

Bob Holcomb bob_holcomb at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 23:32:45 CEST 2004

>could openQuicktime be used for linux?
>- Cam
>Jakub Steiner wrote:

I'm currently looking at two different options.  One is a built in interface
to a program like mencoder.  This will seperate the encoding of audio/video
to be completely seperate from Blender keeping things modular, but it
doesn't work backwards for importing video/audio into the sequencer (A big
advantage IMHO).  The other is built in support using an abstraction layer
between the different operating systems and Blender so that the Mac and
Windows communities don't loose what they already have and the *nix
communities get a bit more.  OpenQuicktime is a viable option for the linux
community, when I get home I'll look at the API and the codec support.

cheers,

Bob