[Bf-committers] Motion Capture driver code available

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Sep 2 18:44:39 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Matthias for Blender wrote:

[...]
> I would like to offer a collection of motion capture related code to the
> Blender community. A few years ago, I wrote a real-time motion capture
> application for magnetic mocap systems (Ascension, multiple simultaneous
> racks, and Polhemus), and Gyspsy. There's also code for 5th-Gloves and
> Cyberglove. This all is hooked to a calibration system that outputs
> positional and angular data.
>
> If the Blender community is interested, I would donate the code to the
> project and donate as much time as needed to understand and hook up the code.

I'm interested. Our lab uses a motion capturing system by Krypton (a
spin-off of our lab; it's interfaced via Ethernet), and I have a masters
thesis just starting now that will use it one way or another in Blender.
So, it could be good to discuss some sort of common infrastructure for this
family of devices...

Herman

--
   K.U.Leuven, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Research Group
<http://people.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~bruyninc> Tel: +32 16 322480