[Bf-committers] Input

Bob Holcomb bob_holcomb at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 12:19:27 CEST 2004

>It's trivial to check what key was pressed on win32 without reguard to
>"system functions" (such as copy/paste).  Use DirectInput.  This works on
>win98 fine, and probably 95 as well.  However I don't know really anything
>about how the cross-platform stuff in blender is done, so no idea how
>difficult that would be

I don't think that this would be a good idea.  DirectInput and the other
DirectX libraires are a large and fairly complicated system that I think
would be overkill to get the scan code of a key.  Would using SDL's input
system be another way to handle this?  It's already used in Blender,
multi-platform and has a simpler coding style-none of the COM programming
and device enumeration.

Cheers,

Bob