[Bf-committers] makesdna problem?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Oct 30 12:34:47 CEST 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Makesdna complains here all the time, dunno why it didn't in this case... you
> can simply test it by adding 1 byte to a random struct. Might be a makefile
> issue though, with a dependency missing for check on standard includes.

Ton,

maybe it doesn't find this issue because the Layer array is statically
allocated? I.e., the parser doesn't care about [] arrays?

The strange thing was that as soon as I added 3 padding chars to the
typedef of the Layer struct, I suddenly got a sizeerror in struct Scene,
which I had to cure by adding another pad int to struct Scene.

But it never said anything about struct Layer and the problems its odd
size caused.

I consider this worth some investigation, as such bugs will become
very hard to trace if they sneak in without notice. Random mem/file
corruption.