[Bf-committers] makesdna problem?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Oct 30 01:48:59 CEST 2004

Hello,

I've recently added a 'struct Layer { blah } Layer;' to DNA_scene_types.h,
and 'Layer layers[20];' to struct Scene. I was a bit irritated that
makesdna didn't complain about the odd size of "struct Layer", which
is 137 bytes.

I subsequently got into trouble with saving/retrieving scenes, too.

Shouldn't makesdna have detected the odd size and issued an error?

I added 3 pad chars to the struct, and now everything's fine.