[Bf-committers] Is anyone doing Global Illumination?

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at mmweg.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 28 00:58:12 CEST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2004 00:45 schrieb K. Richard Rhodes:
> f00f/blackmage (Ray Wells) is working on his, it wourks outside AO and
> he's plannng on adding a cache function for speed and soft shadows from
> what i understand.

Oh, interesting. Ray, if you're reading this, I have once implemented Ward's
Irradiance Cache, though not with the irradiance gradients (they are still
faulty in my implementation). Results are a bit mixed, need very fine tuning
of the parameters to get nice results.

Arne

--
[--- PGP key FD05BED7 --- http://www.root42.de/ ---]