[Bf-committers] Is anyone doing Global Illumination?

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Wed Oct 27 10:44:30 CEST 2004

joeedh wrote:

> Because I just hacked it in.  As in the level of hackiness is
> *unacceptable* (I modified ambient occlusion to do this) and I seem to
> remember that someone else was already doing this (and it also seemed
> that he was doing it right).

To illustrate this (and the fact that I know very little about what I'm
doing other then basic raytracing theory) just look at the attached
image.  Look at those blue lines--they are totally random; sometimes
their there, but about half the time they are not.

I did this in just a few hours, too.  I had to remove a line of code (a
call to shade_lamp_loop) from shade_ray, line 1374 in ray.c.

joeedh