[Bf-committers] to Ton: Winged vertex extrude?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Oct 25 15:13:06 CEST 2004

Hi,

Sure, such vertex extrude is very useful, as it would be for a similar
edge extrude.
Main problem is that (strict) winged edge data cannot be forced upon
Blender editmesh, that's tria/quad based, and we do allow non-manifold
structures as well.

The code however can just temporally convert (of verify) the wing
pointers to be OK, perfom the extrude tricks, and convert things back.
Or warn for non-manifoldness.

It *is* brain fry stuff, i can imagine. My preference would be not to
have this in the upcoming release (we move to cvs freeze soon) and work
on this later on.

And of course, try to get this accepted in the tuhopuu project! It's
there exactly for this reason, trying out new features, to experiment
and mature.

-Ton-