[Bf-committers] AVI codec?

john tuffen john at namke.com
Mon Oct 25 13:45:15 CEST 2004

Quoting Arne Schmitz <arne.schmitz at mmweg.rwth-aachen.de>:

> Am Montag, 25. Oktober 2004 13:19 schrieb john tuffen:
> > so the file-limit *should* be 4GB ?
>
> I think it might actually be 2GB, because of signed int, but I'm no Windows
> expert...

Ok; now the things I've found on the web say that the 2GB limit exists on
Win95, 98, ME; but not on XP, or 2000 (where the limit is 4GB).

A quickquestion (I can't look at the code here at work!): - might this be a
signed/unsigned bug in the Blender render-AVI code?

Looks like I'll have to render the AVI-Raw in two parts... :)

john..