[Bf-committers] Re: Compiling under Windows with MinGW

Ray Fonk sh484090 at 12move.nl
Sat Oct 23 14:27:14 CEST 2004

"Hans Lambermont" <hans at lambermont.dyndns.org> wrote:

>> The executable can be found in
>> bf-blender/blender/obj/mingw-32-i386/bin.
> This means the OS env var is not used everywhere anymore. Bug.

That's right - in nan-definitions LCGDIR and OCGDIR are set using shell
calls to guessconfig again (lines 57 & 59 in nan_definitinons.mk):
export LCGDIR = $(NAN_LIBDIR)/$(CONFIG_GUESS)
export OCGDIR = $(NAN_OBJDIR)/$(CONFIG_GUESS)

instead of possible (?)

export LCGDIR = $(NAN_LIBDIR)/$(OS)
export OCGDIR = $(NAN_OBJDIR)/$(OS)

Another solution: I added following after line 83 in tools/guess/guessconfig
(just after the cygwin patch), forcing OS to windows on mingw.

if [ "$OS" = "mingw" ]; then
   OS="windows"
   CPU=""
   OS_VERSION=""
fi

This works for me (did a clean build on obj/bin/windows and lib/windows
dirs).

>> GCC doesn't seem to like the trailing slash and fails to find include
files
>> in this path if you leave it in

> That's weird, I don't remember seeing this behaviour on other gcc
> platforms.

I didn't see this with gcc 3.2, but have seen it since I'm using gcc 3.4
(I skipped 3.3). 3.4 also enforces stricter C/C++ syntax rules and returns
a lot more warnings.

RayF
I'

12move ADSL nu de eerste maand voor maar € 8,95! GRATIS modem,
GEEN aansluitkosten en GEEN datalimiet! Ga nu naar http://adsl.12move.nl