[Bf-committers] Another idea: Toons and edges

Ted Schundler tschundler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 10:11:36 CEST 2004

To disable shading, just toggle the "shadeless" button
I don't know that having edges cast shadows is of any practical use.
Having the camera as the light source and switching to that can be
done by having separate lighting layers (generally a helpful practice
in any case), using the existing tools.

Blender's current edge rending is quite simple and as a side effect of
its simple elegance can't be expaned much without breing completely
redone. So, to make sure the next incarnation of edge rending
(whenever that may be) is as flexible as necissary, I set up a
proposal of sorts on the wiki:
http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Requests/RenderFeatures

If you have practical ideas not covered there, related to edge
rending, since it's a wiki, you can revise it.

Ted