[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src editobject.c

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Sat Oct 16 21:46:08 CEST 2004

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

>ton (Ton Roosendaal) 2004/10/16 21:14:39 CEST
>
>  Modified files:
>    blender/source/blender/src editobject.c
>
>  Log:
>  Small fix for #1628
>
>  Constraints on an object with hooks (or other deformer) didnt update
>  OK while transform(). The fix is easy code to isolate for Martin, so
>  hopefully he can find integrated solution in transform() refactor :)

Hi.  By the way, can someone here tell me where in transform() is the
code to get the screen coordinates of the transformation center?  I'm
helping theeth with his refactor, and I've almost finished the scaling
function (I also ported the make_trans_verts to the new code, splitting
it up into a bunch of new functions), but I'm having a little trouble
figuring it out.  Right now I'm using the method (but in C) that
LetterRip posted to bf-python to find vert screen coordinates.

I figured since he used the perspective matrix I could just search for
G->vd.persmat, or just persmat, but that didn't get me anywhere.

joeedh

P.S.: By the way, since verts do not have matrices (and since I know
next to nilch about matrices) I'm doing transformations on their direct
loc parameters.  But it seems to me as if Objects should have this done
too, in adition to there matrix transformation (so when you scale two
objects, for example, the two objects get closer to each other as well
as smaller).

Of course, this is all ultimately theeth's decision, but since I am
helping him, it would be nice to know.