[Bf-committers] Scons linking on OSX

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Thu Oct 14 18:43:20 CEST 2004

Le 14 oct. 04, à 14:35, Kent Mein a écrit :

>> I asked this before, but when I build scons blenders my builds have a
>> million file dependancies how can I have my builds complete and
>> contained like Tons :P so I can share mods and patch tests

> Hi car,
>
> You need to edit your config.opts and maybe SConstruct files to
> use static libs instead of shared. an example would be instead of
> -ljpeg   you would replace it with /usr/lib/libjpeg.a
>
> It will take a bit of work.  I'm pretty sure Ton uses the Makefiles
> instead of scons.

Scons build on Os X with defaults options is fully static with 0
dependencies
outside of the systems frameworks.

If CVS darwin libs are checked out at the same time than blender tree,
it
event builds straight out of the box, without any config..

So, you must be using an old or heavily customized config.opts.

This may not be true of Tuhopuu tree.

--
Jean-luc