[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit:blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Mathutils.c quat.c vector.c

Stephen Swaney sswaney at swbell.net
Wed Oct 13 02:39:45 CEST 2004

joeedh wrote:

> Oh, crap.  I use Vector for storing the EditVert/Edge/Face coordinates
> and normals since they convieniantly take pointers to arrays.  Of
> course, I needed to implement a similar type anyway, to faciliate error
> checking, to avoid the pointer-going-away problems. . .

Sorry about that.  I figured it would break something.
At least it broke something that doesn't officially exist yet!

I realise that is no consolation.  I can see the implementation
was ideal for what you are doing.  However, the leakage problems
of who deletes what and when combined with the possible bad
pointer problems had to be dealt with.

I am open to other solutions or the existance of some sort of
VectorWrapper type.  Maybe an EditVert type that can be used
as an argument in Vector operations?

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at swbell.net