[Bf-committers] OOPS-Outliner crash

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer at gmx.de
Thu Oct 7 07:11:44 CEST 2004

Hi,

 I read the description of the new outline mode on www.blender3d.org.

 With an "empty" blender ("nothing" in the scene) and nothing selected
 to be shown in the oops-Window Blender crashes at once, when pressing
 SHFT-ALT-F9 (I cannot find anything appropiate in the VIEW-menu.

 I tried a simply scene (plane,camera,light) but blender still crashes
 with SHFT-ALT-F9.

 I tried to start blender from gdb to check, what is going on, but gdb
 seems not to like blender very much (or vice versa):

  [~/] :gdb /usr/local/bin/blender
  GNU gdb 6.2
  This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

  (gdb) run
  Starting program: /usr/local/bin/blender
  [New Thread 16384 (LWP 25423)]
  Checking for Python install...
  Installed Python found!

  Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
  [Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 25423)]
  0xb78dc3c0 in _mesa_test_os_sse_exception_support ()
     from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/radeon_dri.so
  (gdb)

 This happens without haveing seen the blender window at all....(no
 user interaction is needed to crash blender from within gdb)

 My CVS snapshot is of "Oct  7 03:24"....

 Keep hacking!
 Meino