[Bf-committers] Compiling using VC toolkit.

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Wed Oct 6 03:25:31 CEST 2004

Elam Daly wrote:

> Turns out that the VC toolkit doesn't include everything.  In order to
> build blender using the toolkit you need to also download the Windows
> Platform SDK at www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk.  Problem is
> the choices are Windows 2003 server SDK and Windows XP SP2 sdk.  I
> don't have either but I'm gonna give the server a shot.

Also, some one could probably send you the Windows API headers.  For
that matter, you can download the mingw windows headers (www.mingw.org)
but you'd still have to have the import libraries, although it is
possible to convert the Mingw ones.

Bottom line: Getting the Microsoft ones to work would be a LOT easier.

joeedh