[Bf-committers] Compiling using VC toolkit.

Elam Daly elam at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 13:51:40 CEST 2004

Howdy all,

I have recently downloaded the latest CVS tree for blender including the
appropriate /lib directories for windows and am trying to compile as per
the instructions at
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Microsoft_VC___Toolkit_2003.276.0.html
This is the error I'm getting...

rc /DWIN32 /D_CONSOLE /DWITH_QUICKTIME /D_LIB /DUSE_OPENAL
/DFTGL_LIBRARY_STATIC
  /DGAMEBLENDER=1 /DUSE_SUMO_SOLID /DNDEBUG /DNAN_BUILDINFO /DBUILD_DATE
/I\usr\include /fosource\icons\winblender.res source\icons\winblender.rc

GoRC.Exe Version 0.86 - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 1998/2004 - JG at JGnet.co.uk

Warning .......................

Line 1 of Resource Script (source\icons\winblender.RC):-
An ID was not evaluated and was assumed to be a name:-
APPICON

Error!
Line 1 of Resource Script (source\icons\winblender.RC):-
Could not find file:-
winblender.ico

RES file not made
OBJ file not made
scons: *** [source\icons\winblender.res] Error 1

The icon files are there but my knowlege of rc scripts is weak.  Has
anyone else had problems building for XP using the tookkit?

Thanks,
Elam