[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src drawobject.c editmesh.c editmesh_add.c editmesh_lib.c editmesh_mods.c space.c

Bjornmose bjornmose at gmx.net
Mon Oct 4 23:47:51 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ton Roosendaal" <ton at blender.org>
To: <bf-blender-cvs at blender.org>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 2:40 PM
Subject: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src
drawobject.c editmesh.c editmesh_add.c editmesh_lib.c editmesh_mods.c
space.c

> ton (Ton Roosendaal) 2004/09/24 14:40:37 CEST
>   - new rule for addfacelist(); this now copies edges too, if an
example
>     is provided. That prevents a lot of awkward code, still testing if
it
>     goes as desired though...

upps .. this ruins edges (seams, creases ) while subdividing ..
the example (efa) in editmesh_tools.c / static void addface_subdiv(..
is meant to copy material and color information,
but the edges of efa definitely hold wrong seam and crease information.
This is why edges are created at that early stage in subdividing (
providing proprer seams,creases ) ..
and already existing edges should not be altered edge data in
add_edgelist(..

This is very thin ice we are walking on in subdivision code .. :)
So i see 3 ways to fix it
1. drop the rule for addfacelist ( wrong way IMHO )
2. give addfacelist another example argument for egdes ( prefered
solution )
3.pass a NULL as *example* in addface_subdiv(.) and take care for
copying data right there ( ugly duplicate code .. baaah .. shudder )

big smile :-)
Jens Ole Wund (bjornmose)