[Bf-committers] Mesh-Tools in 2.36?

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 30 21:38:39 CET 2004

Zach Morgan wrote:

>Hi Ton.
>I have been working on the bridge tool slowly and
>infrequently, but the patch has been updated a few
>times.
>http://www.uncg.edu/~zpmorgan/bridge.patch
>Bridge can now be called from the extrude menu.
>
>A few Q's:
>why might CVS on cygwin take forever to do updates and
>diffs?  I've got a fast computer with a T1 connection,
>but CVS almost always times out after half an hour.
>This is why the patch hasn't been updated recently.
>
>How do you find the angle between two vectors?  I
>found a python function that does this, can you call
>python functions from c?

I believe that that would be the arc cosine of the dot product of the
vectors.  So, I think that would be:

Angle = acos(v1[0] * v[0] + v1[1] * v2[1] + v1[2] + v2[2])

. . .where v1 and v2 are vectors.  This is of course in radians, so to
convert to degrees you would do this:

Degree = Angle * 180 / PI (I think).

Remember that the dot product of two normalized (where length=1) vectors
is equal to the cosine between them.

joeedh