[Bf-committers] Re: UI refactoring (was "IRC meeting minutes sunday 28th nov")

Michael Reimpell M.Reimpell at tu-bs.de
Tue Nov 30 09:26:32 CET 2004

> I don't think this was discussed in the meeting, but there is also a
> UI refactoring being done for (now) 2.37.

A compliment to the developers of the UI refactoring! You managed to get a
tidy interace without hindering the workflow or loosing the blender interface
philosophy. Very good work!

One thing I came across lately:
On the material texture "Map To" panel are still toggle buttons with a third
state. Probably all of them are unnecessary and just complicate the
interface. For example for a bump map the corresponding values are the "Nor"
toggle state (0, +1, -1) and the "Var" slider value. The only reason why the
Nor toggle state "-1" is necessary is that the Var slider value is constraint
to be positive. There is also a "Neg" button which claims to have the same
effect as the "-1" Nor state but doesn't. I propose to convert toggle buttons
with a third state into a slider range that allows negative values wherever
possible.

Regards,
Michael