[Bf-committers] some more improvements for CA

Yann Vernier yann at donkey.dyndns.org
Mon Nov 29 20:10:49 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 08:46:11PM +0200, Gustavo Muñoz wrote:
> both have linked transformations, even if you have not activated
> the "duplicate with object: Ipo" option. In fact, both have now the same
> linked Ipo, when I have not animated them. I didn?t want any Ipo...

That's because the choice is between Duplicate or Link, not between
Duplicate and None. You can unlink them afterwards. Are you requesting
that those link preferences be tristate?

> Another incarnation of the same nonsense: If you look at the NLA window, you can see also that you have now one keyframe added for every object you have just moved at frame 1. Say you are working in a
> character animation and you need to change some scenery models at the middle of your character work. You cannot just grab the object and move it, because you will animate it (remember the keys at the NLA and
> Ipo windows), so you must remember to go to frame1 every time you need to correct some unanimated model... not very usefull. I know you can have allways an NLA or Ipo window opened and you can go and delete
> those extra keys everytime, everywhere, but this could be greatly improved while at the same time we get Blender?s NLA capabilities increased with some changes.

This sounds rather like the rest position command for armatures. I'm not
too familiar with the NLA system, and I don't use autokeying, so I can't
help much there.

> Another case of the same problem is that once you begin to build an action for an Armature, you can see that your keyframing is also being linked by default to the NLA main timeline. But you have not asked
> for this. If I want an Ipo for an object, I will ask for it. But in most cases I don?t want it by default. If I want an action to be used in the NLA main timeline, I will put it there. Furthermore: once you

Action editing without linking the action as controlling the object.
That would be some sort of local mode? I've also been confused by this.

--
PGP fingerprint = 9242 DC15 2502 FEAB E15F  84C6 D538 EC09 5380 5746