[Bf-committers] Re: some more improvements for CA

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Mon Nov 29 20:00:31 CET 2004

GMUNOZ at mail.ono.es (2004-11-29 at 2046.11 +0200):
[...]
> I think I now understand better the core of the current NLA issues
> in Blender: open a new project, add a mesh, exit edit mode and move
> it some. Now duplicate the object, and then move it some more. Now
> advance some frames and you will see you have the first nonsense:
> both have linked transformations, even if you have not activated the
> "duplicate with object: Ipo" option. In fact, both have now the same
> linked Ipo, when I have not animated them. I didn´t want any Ipo...

Old school dudes use manual insertion of keyframes, it sounds like you
are working with new method that inserts them (and you know, computers
are not so good at reading the mind). Maybe it become default in some
moment, I know my .B.blend does not have it.

> Sorry for the long notes, but I wanted to explain very well the
> importance of the changes I am asking for. And here it goes my
> proposition: We need a default state for every model, where we have
> the meshes, the objects and the Armatures at their default poses and
> conditions.
[...]

Probably that would make autokeying useful. At first glance it sounds
like yet another mode, sadly, except it there become some kind of
rule, in which frame 0 is used or something like that.

GSR

PS: Tip: long messages are easier to read with shorter paragraphs.