[Bf-committers] Re: Blender on Pocketpc

Salvatore Russo salvatore.russo at laposte.net
Mon Nov 29 17:07:28 CET 2004

Hi Ton,

Thanks for this answer :=)
You don’t discourage me, I will try but given what you said, I will probably not manage immediately
 maybe never! What is sure is that I will never manage alone

Can someone familiar with Visual C++ help me? Here how I want to proceed:
1)      Import Blender in the eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 environment
2)      Try to compile and cry :=)
3)      Disable problematic functions (I hope something will stay :=) )
4)      Compile and have something working, even if it is not good
5)      Solve all problems on by one
 it can take lot of time given what said Ton
6)      Select carefully what is useful to have for a PDA. Example: 2.3 UI is maybe not necessary (with the old one, it is probably faster). Or no Yafray support. Or in the first time no game engine, etc

Today, I am in point 1) and need to import Blender in eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0. If someone has tips, it will help me :=)

If I am optimistic, it is because I run the first time Blender on my 200 Mhz and it was perfect. My Pocketpc is 400Mhz. Ok, no accelerated 3D card
 but We will see.

Thanks again,
Salvatore (russose)