[Bf-committers] Bf-committers] Blender on Pocketpc

Salvatore Russo salvatore.russo at laposte.net
Mon Nov 29 09:29:51 CET 2004

Hello All,

I would like to port Blender on Pocketpc ! I already post messages on the forum:

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3443

I already compiled Blender on Windows with cygwin. It worked!
I downloaded and installed eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 (with sp4) and the SDK Windows Mobile 2003 pour Pocket PC:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1DACDB3D-50D1-41B2-A107-FA75AE960856&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9996b314-0364-4623-9ede-0b5fbb133652&displaylang=en

I have to say that I am not an expert in programming and I am a little lost :=) I need your help guys :=) Maybe directly from Ton, I can ever dream :=) Ok, let’s finish joking!

I didn’t know how to begin
 the first thing I need to do is to import the whole Blender project in eMbedded Visual C++ . Given that the environment for Pocketpc is like Visual C++, I compared the folder “\projectfiles” and “\source”, here are the results:

“\creator”, “\icons”, “\tools” and “darwin” are only in “\source”
“\datatoc” and “sumo” are only in “\projectfiles”
“\Blender”, “\Gameengine” and “\Kernel” are in both “\source” and “\projectfiles”

In “\Blender”,
“\include” and “\quicktime” are only in “\source”
“\glut” is only in “\projectfiles”
In “\Gameengine”
“\Blenderroutine” and “\Pydoc” are only in “\source”
“\Blenderhoak” is only in “\projectfiles”

What files do I need to import? I think I have to do the same thinks that is done with Visual C++ .When I create a project, I have folder “resource”, “header” and “Source”
 Do I have to use them and import all *.h in header for example?? I don’t think so

And when the files are imported, what else in the environment do I need to check or do? How can I say eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 (=Visual C++!) to create the appropriate dlls, to say him not to use opengl but opengl ES, to say him to built the Blender "intern" and extern libraries?
Escuse me for these stupid questions but I need some help to finish this project before 2010 :=)

Thank you very much,
Salvatore