[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/render/extern/include render_types.h blender/source/blender/render/intern/source ray.c rendercore.c

JOEEAGAR at prodigy.net JOEEAGAR at prodigy.net
Sun Nov 28 04:23:38 CET 2004

>ton (Ton Roosendaal) 2004/11/27 18:33:41 CET
>
>  Modified files:
>    blender/source/blender/render/extern/include
render_types.h
>    blender/source/blender/render/intern/source
ray.c rendercore.c

>  Log:
>  - Bug fix, reported by Stefano;
>    - Ztransp material didn't raytrace at all (now
just traces it entirely,
>      remember too set the transp depth for it)

I really liked that, it enabled faster "preview" of
raytraced-AO'd or something-with-raymirror renders.
I think this is like buffered shadows, where having
both options can be a good thing.

joeedh
P.S.: BTW, Shrek 2 used "bounce shaders" for GI,
which I believe is the same thing as f00f's
pathtracing.  Ooh, it'll be so exciting when he gets
it working, since I've never been satisfied with mere
spherical sampling (aka my implementation of GI).