[Bf-committers] NZ & Game Engine Physics

Kester Maddock Christopher.Maddock.1 at uni.massey.ac.nz
Sat Nov 27 06:24:22 CET 2004

Hi Jonathan,

I haven't got any plans to go down south, but I can meet up if you're coming
up to Wellington at all.

The physics response is still quite simple:

1. Integrate forces
2. Integrate momentum
3. Collision response
4. Contact Response

The integration is all Euler and the collision response is impulse based.  The
contact response simply moves intersecting objects that shouldn't.

Kester

On Friday 26 November 2004 15:32, j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
> Hello Kester,
>
> Just a quick email to find out if you're going to be on the South Island of
> NZ any time during December?  I'm going to be at various places
> down there from the 12th to the 31st, and wondered if you'd like to meet
> up sometime so that I can congratulate you on how much work you're
> doing in the game engine? :-)
>
> I'm a qualified Mechanical Engineer (BE/BSc) from Melbourne Uni, and
> am currently doing a PhD in biomechanics.  Most of my work has very
> different requirements to the physics simulation in the game engine,
> but I'd gladly help out if you have any queries that you think might be
> relevant.
>
> Jonathan Merritt.
>
> btw - Do you know if power plugs have the same geometry in NZ as
> they do in Australia?  It only just occurred to me to wonder about that.
> Bf-committers mailing list
> Bf-committers at projects.blender.org

Dear Lord: Please make my words sweet and tender, for tomorrow I may
have to eat them.