[Bf-committers] instinctive-blender 2 source up

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Nov 26 14:07:08 CET 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 marc.chehab at blender3d.ch wrote:

> superb work! I may be able to reserve the lab at my school to test this (with 12
> linux-computers). Thanks again, I'm really looking foreward to see this in
> action.

Thanks. I would be interested in the results, too. There might be problems
with particular NFS implementations and caching (i.e., clients not getting
current versions of important semaphore files), but so far it has done
a decent job here, but i only tested with 3 machines.

Also, bigger scenes with higher rendertimes per frame are better suited,
because there's less chance of redundant frames (several clients rendering
the same frame).

On the whole, let me know how it goes, especially how much 'overlap' you get
between clients because of bad sync over NFS. The log file in the renderd
directory tells you exactly what's going on.