[Bf-committers] FSAA and Blender

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Nov 26 04:10:14 CET 2004

I would like to point out that since the Frontbuffer drawing makeover,
Blender is *almost* completely usable with NVidia's FSAA (Full Scene
Anti Aliasing) mode, which gives *very* nice interactive results:

http://pub.intrr.org/fsaa.png

And as anti-aliasing everything is top priority these days anyway... ;-)

It works especially well in __GL_FSAA_MODE = 4.

The only thing that *DOESN'T* work reliably is the new zbuffered
selection, I suppose because the anti-aliasing messes up face indices.
It often happens that vertices that are near the mouse or in the
selection rectangle simply don't get selected, or that vertices that
are totally outside the border instead get selected.

If that could be fixed, Blender would be fully usable with anti-aliasing.