[Bf-committers] Blender in da news!

Mal mal at candomultimedia.com
Wed Nov 24 13:37:27 CET 2004

>> I'd like to see it in 0 keypresses, and done visually ( it's hard to
>> forget how to use an intuitive onscreen gizmo ).
>>
>> Hehe, I won't discuss... It's the general direction the world is going.
>> Companies save 2 weeks teaching their staff how to use software, and
>> lose
>> 4 years because of the inefficient work their employers do because they
>> use Gizmos all the time instead of having learned 40 keypresses once and
>> for all ;-)

:)  I know where you're coming from.  As the gizmo would be visual only,
you'd still be able to use the existing shortcuts etc.  It's just to
allow beginners to start moving things around immediately, and keeping
their interest in the package ( well, it's also for advanced users, I
use the transform gizmo all the time myself ;)

> Well, ideally you want both.  The trick is to get the gizmos to stay
> out of your way while you work.  Blender should be fast, easy to
> learn, and a dessert topping.

 > But they should also do their best to stay out of the power users'
way.  (This includes being a sole substitute for a keypress.)

True :)  The visual gizmo sould be able to be turned off by an advanced
user ( read: someone who knows enough about the package to find the user
interface options screen ).

Mal