[Bf-committers] Wrapping the error function. - UI Python macros.

Campbell J Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Nov 24 01:47:13 CET 2004

Im not sure if this is possible but the other day I was looking at
making blender functions into Python callable macro like functions -
join, apply-size/rot, dupeLinked etc.

Im trying to figure out a way of efficiently wrapping these.
I can seperate these into foo_bar and foo_bar_ui as discussed at BConf,
but this still involves replicating some code.

One issue is that manu of these functions use confirmation menus
The python wrapping would be heaps easier if all confirmation menus and
redraws were moved into the GUI code that called them.  - space.c

if menu(do you want to Join?) {
Join()
redraw()
}

rather then calling join and then it handle the UI stuff as done now.

Also- it would be good to be able to wrap blenders error function so
Blender could raise it as a python error OR a ui error.
This would remove quite a lot of work in replicating error messages for
python and blender.

What do you think?
- Cam