[Bf-committers] Blender in da news!

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Nov 23 19:54:07 CET 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Mal wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
>>> With the addition of transform gizmos ( to allow easy world / local axis
>>> movement of objects in perspective / camera view ), and a more feature
>>> rich outliner ( renaming, parenting, deleting etc ), it'll be an excellent
>>> choice
>>

>> Eh? That has been possible for months with two keypresses.
>
> That's excellent news!  Only 2 keypresses! ;)
>
> Don't forget that it probably took you a few days or weeks to figure out
> those 2 keypresses.  New students find modelling in a 3D environment with
> faces and vertices difficult enough, without having to learn 40 different
> keypresses on top of that.
>
> I'd like to see it in 0 keypresses, and done visually ( it's hard to forget
> how to use an intuitive onscreen gizmo ).

Hehe, I won't discuss... It's the general direction the world is going.
Companies save 2 weeks teaching their staff how to use software, and lose
4 years because of the inefficient work their employers do because they
use Gizmos all the time instead of having learned 40 keypresses once and
for all ;-)

Off-topic, so I'll keep quiet :-)