[Bf-committers] Blender in da news!

Mal mal at candomultimedia.com
Tue Nov 23 17:34:58 CET 2004

Hi Alexander,

>> With the addition of transform gizmos ( to allow easy world / local
>> axis movement of objects in perspective / camera view ), and a more
>> feature rich outliner ( renaming, parenting, deleting etc ), it'll be
>> an excellent choice
>

> Eh? That has been possible for months with two keypresses.

That's excellent news!  Only 2 keypresses! ;)

Don't forget that it probably took you a few days or weeks to figure out
those 2 keypresses.  New students find modelling in a 3D environment
with faces and vertices difficult enough, without having to learn 40
different keypresses on top of that.

I'd like to see it in 0 keypresses, and done visually ( it's hard to
forget how to use an intuitive onscreen gizmo ).

Plus, it'll bring some more consistency to Blender ( every other major
3D modelling package uses gizmos, and for a very good reason ).

Mal