[Bf-committers] Game Engine / Physics issues

Mal mal at candomultimedia.com
Tue Nov 23 17:27:29 CET 2004

I've uploaded a new version of the simple falling monkey heads scene,
now with polytopes specified for each monkey head.

http://www.candointeractive.com/blender/MonkeyPhysics1.blend

It also has a script to change the ticRate of the physics etc.

As you can see, it's still way too buggy for real-time use.

Have a look at this...
http://www.candointeractive.com/gamedesign/car

Run into the stack of boxes in front of the van. Everything flies along,
and this is using a pretty old version of Havok ( about 4 years old ).

Solid / Sumo should be able to handle something simple like this.  Am I
setting the scene up wrong?
Also, has ODE been dropped?  I'd like to have seen SOLID for collision
detection, with ODE for dynamics.  SUMO has no-one working to update it,
and there are quite a few developers working with ODE ( which has been
chosen by Softimage XSi as it's physics solution, so it's a proven
solution ).

When the physics gets into a useable state, I'd be happy to put together
some test scenes for it.
Mal