[Bf-committers] Proposal for 2.36 release

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Nov 22 22:55:53 CET 2004

Hi,

> After watching two releases go not as well as we had
> hoped,

Well, 2.34 was pretty OK, with exception of AO slowness.

> A couple bugs slipped through that we should have
> caught immediately -- stuff like tapers crashing,

I didn't get a report on this, where is this reported?

> Curve tapering is a new
> feature that, if I recall correctly, is not included
> in the regression suite.

No, it is in the regression suite, uploaded almost a week before
release.

There were only 2 "critical" bugs in the release sofar;

1)- deformed meshes don't render "orco" texture
2)- outliner crash on selection of script icon

The code for the first was committed 6 weeks ago, for the latter over 3
weeks. Our testing builds forum had continuous updates too, so the fact
this slipped through might be just a matter of normal accidents on
development. There were almost 500 commits in the code since 2.34 you
know...

So I don't think there's reason for any panic. :) Just try to improve
testing, but also don't hesitate to put releases up. If that's the only
way we can get bugreports in, so be it. And all who helped reporting we
can tell to help testing the release candidates next time!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org