[Bf-committers] Proposal for 2.36 release

car trip at spymac.com
Mon Nov 22 20:22:15 CET 2004

What happened to that python script that copied everything you did and
then could play it back ? Or was that just a mix up from me. Either way
that would be something to look at for the tester program.

The regression tester files are not enough they are neat but something
else is missing to make them a real test tool.

> Or we need to spawn 2 CVS, stable and devel, which is possible with
> tools
> like subversion, but a pain with CVS to keep in sync.

I welcome a new better method of source code retrieving or whatnot if
it makes the coders happier. All I can do is test and compile but I
have heard good things about subversion, and OSX xtools has it built in
now.

Shorter release cycles would seam very friendly in the users area to.
It would feel more like developers are in a caring mood as this is not
pay for software and is not needed to have perfect new features
constantly just a little something keeps us happy.

Lastly, D-O-C-U-M-E-N-T the new scripts and provide test files and
document all of the scripts. Half of the scripts have nothing just a
random script in a menu.

Now input on the scripts, they are great to have, but the method in
which they are presented and use is awful. When I go the script window
I am presented with a blank screen and a button at the bottom that
opens to a huge list of menus in menus. We need a button for each that
or a list that quickly illustrates the purpose. This would a- give a
quick visual indicator and b- provide a fast method of implementation
of the tool, menus in menus are tedious and slow.

  Lastly, why do I have to load a script in the text view? Why not load
them in the script view ? My view is that the text view is for script
coders and the script view is for users. Why not make it so ? Oh and
where is the button for play in text view? Why is it trapped in another
menu? Less mouse movement equals less blender fatigue for scripts that
have no interface and are just hit play kinda scripts.