[Bf-committers] Proposal for 2.36 release

Ted Schundler tschundler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 10:22:46 CET 2004

While shorter releases isn't a bad idea, I don't know that it's a
solution to the issue at hand.

I think Bart's on the right track with official release candidate
versions - publicized and posted on b3d.o, Elysiun, etc., not buried
in the b.o forums. For a normal user, trying out a beta or test
version is sort of shaky business (if they even find it). But a
Release Candidate means it's effectively ready to go. And if it's
listed on an official download page, it looks a lot safer to try out.

To be safe with the official release, rather than release when it
seems good, wait for X there being no new significant bug reports for
X days or something. Then that RC becomes the release.

Ted