[Bf-committers] Re: new feature list for animation

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Nov 19 16:39:33 CET 2004

kattkieru at yahoo.com (2004-11-18 at 1830.55 -0800):
> And, I'm sorry, but does anyone actually *need* their frames divvied up
> into sub-frames with decimal points?  (Yes, I know I can zoom out.
> Thank you.)

You are looking at the scale in seconds, if you set it to frames, it
shows integers.

> I've mocked up an image of what I meant, as my words fail to convey my
> message.  Please have a look here:
> http://ministryofdoom.org/cloud/files/frameslider1.jpg .  As you can
> see there's a perfectly good place to put it in the buttons window,
> which saves the space used above.  In the case of a horizontal buttons
> window the slider could also be horizontal along one side, scrolling up
> and down instead of left and right.

Click the button you already have, move, release. Click any blender
numeric button, drag, release, same thing.

> As far as behaviour goes, the slider would automatically adjust its
> beginning and end points to the animation's beginning and end points,
> and clicking and dragging would move by 1 frame (without a key held)
> and ten frames (with a key held).

Limit is out of anim settings, agreed, it would be nice to have a
control over it (not anim limits, cos sometimes you se other frames as
helpers, and you need to go there). It scrolls one by one when you
drag, by 10 if using control.

> Anyway, I stand by saying that Blender still requires a *proper* frame
> slider and not just a window hack.  Since I don't understand the code
> enough to write it myself you are, of course, free to disagree with my
> opinion.

OTOH you could read the docs some people took the care to write and
even make avaliable gratis in HTML, or printed for some money.

Of all this, the only suggestion I really find as new is some method
to limit the scrolling and make it more slow. Which you could have
done as alone suggestion directly if you had checked for all the other
interface things.

> All of this aside, either way still requires some sort of frame caching
> to keep the frames moving at a decent clip.

You mean of the opengl view? Try with the picture icon (read the
tooltip). Maybe not exactly what you mean, but again, if you had check
it, we could have saved the time and go directly to the issue.

GSR