[Bf-committers] Undo system design

surgeprotector surgeprotector at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 10:21:03 CET 2004

While there's a lot to be said for a clean design, I'm not so sure that
a second header bar is "the" answer. Their appeal as clean "devices" is
also their downfall - very limited space. This not only limits your
options for future expansion, but what happens when you resize your work
area, either by making your window smaller, or  dividing the panel? You
could easily lose good deal of horizontal space thereby obscuring at
least part of the header bar. Managing this could be every bit (if not
more) annoying than the current paradigm. I don't see any issues with
providing it as an option, but to make it the de facto standard would be
problematic for some users. Another possibility is to provide the ablity
to move the panels outside the blender workspace. I typically don't have
Blender covering my entire desktop, and there are occasions when I'd
like to have persistent access to certain information without having to
first activate (or hunt for) the correct screen.

jim