[Bf-committers] Blender 2.35, oultiner, "open all" (akey)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Nov 18 14:01:54 CET 2004

Hi,

Ah, I should remove it from the release log.

The methods for 'selecting' in outliner are being reviewed still. I've
experimented with rightmouse select, like in File Window, with the idea
that the concept of a 'selected outliner item' could be separated from
'select/activate' in Blender data itself (as now is, on leftmouse
clicks). That way operations on large groups of outliner items is
simple. The Akey then is the logical choice for 'select all'. Using 'A'
for "show all" isn't very compliant with other Blender windows (apart
from file window).

Matt pointed me to the fact the current implemented operations are
still very sparse, and don't work on mixed selections, or not at all.
He likes to experiment with a rightmouse context menu (showing possible
operations instead).

The outliner became surprisingly useful in Blender, and is worth
keeping solid & coherent, and not overloaded with obscure options or
editing methods. The period until 2.36 we then can nicely use to
further work on it.

-Ton-

(BTW; yes, outliner would deserve own 'space type'. Just didn't like to
have this windowtype choices menu grow too large... it's already
offering confusing amount of choices).