[Bf-committers] Blender 2.35, oultiner, "open all" (akey)

Goran Kocov gkocov at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 09:36:23 CET 2004

Hi!

In mid-development of the outliner the A key was
switched from opening/closing the whole tree to
selecting/deselecting all datablocks for possible
manipulation (delete, copy/paste, etc.) from inside
the outliner (this is more consistent, since A is
"select/deselect all" nearly everywhere in Blender).

I suppose that because of the pending release and
because the manipulation operations were still not
coded, this "outliner selection" features were
temporarily removed (for ex. the right mouse button
selected single datablocks) and in the process the A
key was not returned to it's previous operation.

Related to the outliner question, I really think that
the outliner deserves it's own separate window. While
the schematic window is mostly used for an overview of
the scene datablocks and the way they are linked and
for quick and painless selection of multiple objects
(at least by me) :), the outliner IMO should be more
like a data browser/manager, used for browsing through
the scene(s) and selecting/manipulating datablocks
(along with the automatic switching of editing
modes/panels). The outliner should be by no means a
subset of the schematic window or vice versa.

Goran

--- Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer at gmx.de>