[Bf-committers] Re: KDE & X11 composites

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Nov 17 15:32:39 CET 2004

ton at blender.org (2004-11-17 at 1442.08 +0100):
> In a discussion on a tracker bug, I learned that X11 (and KDE?) are
> switching to different buffering methods, potentially conflicting what
> OpenGL and/or Blender supports right now.

Has also the RGBA cursors been discarded as probable cause? I remember
months ago someone had an issue that was fixed by using plain two
colour X11 cursors instead of shadow/transparent ones. IIRC it is
independent of composite methods (these one were in planning by then,
I think) or sw vs hw cursor (asked about it, if you use RGBA and hw
does not support, it does via sw, and they existed even before the
composite).

GSR