[Bf-committers] KDE & X11 composites

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Nov 17 14:42:08 CET 2004

Hi,

In a discussion on a tracker bug, I learned that X11 (and KDE?) are
switching to different buffering methods, potentially conflicting what
OpenGL and/or Blender supports right now.

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?
func=detail&atid=125&aid=1825&group_id=9

http://ktown.kde.org/~fredrik/composite_howto.html

AFAIK, rendering windows to "pixmaps" is just supported by OpenGL (OSX
uses it), but not something that works well among the different 3d
cards and drivers on PCs. It would be very good though if someone could
investigate it further... most likely this is just something we can
adjust and solve on GHost level.

Anyone feels challenged?

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org