[Bf-committers] Subdivision surfaces snapping issue

Matthew H. Plough mplough at Princeton.EDU
Mon Nov 15 22:26:17 CET 2004

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, so I'm not going to submit
it as a bug just yet.

To reproduce:

1. Create a subdivision surface out of a cube or whatever.
2. Place the surface in optimal mode.
3. Switch to vertex editing, and select a vertex.
4. Snap cursor to selection.

The cursor does not snap to the drawn vertex location; it snaps to the
real vertex location.  Is this supposed to happen?  This is annoying
when I'm trying to merge two vertices; it is possible to scale them down
to 0 and remove doubles, but merging to cursor with Alt+M would be quicker.

Any opinions, and should I submit this as a bug?

Matt