[Bf-committers] Mesh surface and volume calculation

"Franz Münz" AntaresSith at gmx.de
Fri Nov 12 22:23:05 CET 2004

Hi all,

recently i tried to write a programm to calculate the surface and volume of
a mesh. First i tried python, then i implemented one of my own ideas and
finally i switched to a "real" solution.

I have already included the relevant changes to my Blender source and tested
it.
I have added to buttons and a label in the "Mesh editing" menu. Looks like
this:

http://www.silentthunder.de/pics/volsurmenu.gif

After pressing "Volume/Surface", the new label below "TexMesh" shows either
the surface or the volume of the active mesh. Altering the size of the
objects will also be included in calculation.

For some playing around with it, a testbuild is available for windows under:

http://www.silentthunder.de/files/blenderintel.zip
(i've just included it in my intel compiler optimized build)

Code changes where made to:
source/blender/include/butspace.h (2 new macros)
source/blender/src/buttons_editing.c (code)

Please tell me, if something like this would be helpfull for Blender and
whether i should provide the code.

Thanx for reading

Regards
Franz

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!