[Bf-committers] little improve in Alt+U undo history list

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Nov 12 12:54:02 CET 2004

Hi,

I think it is far too early to even think of this. There's also not
something like a reliable 'construction history' you can use this way.
The undo menu mostly has 1 main purpose now, to show (confirm) the undo
pushes went OK, and occasianally jump back a couple of steps quickly.

For now, the only reliable way to see if undo worked is trusting your
eyes, check what happens in the 3d window, buttons, etc!

There's still a couple of major problems to solve with undo;

- the mix of undo systems (global, editmode, text edit, vpaint/wpaint)
- solve fact that during editmode undo, not all actions are stored
- tweaking/renaming of undo pushes, verifying all of these are in
correct places
- reviewing what button actions should do with undo

Adding user level tools to recreate names for the undo stack I think is
totally out of focus right now. It directly moves to a solution for a
problem, without even thinking of what the real problem is, analyzing
it, and design the optimal solution for creating undo stacks that's
usable for everyone without the need of assigning 'backspace' hotkeys
to that.

-Ton-